Short list Demand Specification TBM pressure sensor.
• 10 times longer life time than today.
• High sensitivity for Point Pressure detection.
• Water tight IP68 and vibration resistance.
• Different mechanical design (for different models ofTBM’s)
• Diaphragm must withstand extremely abrasive media.
• Autozero function for maintenance.
• Special models for Slurry Pressure
The challenge was to fulfil all different demands and at the same time the product cost must be kept on a reasonable level. After 10-15 months of product development, field tests and fine tuning of the design, the product was ready and released.
The result after introduction late 2012 has been a tremendous success. Pondus TBM pressure sensor surpassed all demands with margin. Until today more than 3000 pressure sensors are in use measuring Earth Pressure on TBM’s who’s boring new Subways, Rail tunnels. Electrical tunnels, Motorways etc. Currently five different TBM producers has standardized with Pondus TBM pressure sensor PT06-3M60.
Long life time, advanced measurement technology and flexible mechanical design are the main factors for the fantastic success.
In September 2017 Pondus releases generation 2 PT06RS-3Mx60 this sensor follows up generation 1 with following new features.
• Improved point pressure detection
• Four different mechanical dimensions can be ordered
• Digital electronic
• Digital output for temperature reading
• Re-ranging of pressure range
• Autozero functions direct on sensor
• Modbus RTU RS485 protocol
• PC configuration via Mep7 software can be used on Win XP, Win?, Win 8.1, WinlO and Linux